By Geema on August 20, 2003
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Servings: 4
About This Recipe
“This is now my favorite way to make spinach. It’s simple, but elegant with a slight Oriental flavor, and the warm orange segments are a delightful surprise. As a bonus, it’s fat free.”
- 2 bunches fresh baby spinach
- 1⁄3; cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 oranges, peeled,seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a large skillet add the orange juice, soy sauce and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and let cook for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and orange pieces, and cook only until the spinach is just barely wilted.
- Do not overcook.
- Spoon onto serving plates, and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
Get WE News in Your Inbox!Receive WE posts (recipes and newsletters) in your in-box. It's as simple as that! We respect your privacy. Your e-mail will never be shared without your consent.
Recipe Spotlightapples baked Basil beets broccoli carrots cauliflower celery chard cherry tomatoes cilantro Community supported agriculture corn CSA cucumber easy eggplant fava beans fennel Fogline Farm Garlic Green Beans honey kale lemon mint olive oil onion peas potatoes pumpkin roasted salad salt soup spinach spring onions squash strawberries Summer Squash sustainability Tomatoes watermelon winter squash zucchini